How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Ring
Choosing the perfect wedding ring
Choosing the perfect wedding ring can be difficult, especially when there are so many different styles to choose from; plain polish, diamond-set, satin finish, frosted finish & then which metal do you choose? Platinum, palladium, white gold, yellow gold, rose gold? It seems a simple task until you explore further into your options. With this guide to choosing the perfect wedding ring, it should make planning the perfect wedding day a little less stressful!
How do I know which metal to choose?
If you don’t know much about jewellery then choosing the right metal is always going to be difficult. You could always go into a jeweller & get their advice on which metal they would recommend, or you could go online & have a look around the different jewellery websites that offer a collection of wedding rings, or you could carry on reading.
Platinum: Platinum is the purest & rarest metal that is used in jewellery. It’s pure white colour and strong natural qualities make it a favourite metal to use for wedding rings in the jewellery industry. Platinum has a purity of 95% and is ideal for people with sensitive skin which are another reason why it is so popular. Another quality of platinum is its incredible strength; platinum lasts a lifetime & needs little maintenance to keep it perfect, apart from the occasional polish here and there.
Palladium: Palladium is similar to platinum as it is also 95% pure. Palladium is very popular in jewellery because of its pure white finish & its value for money. With palladium being cheaper than platinum, it makes it much more cost-efficient for your big day. Palladium is also easy to maintain & will keep its natural white colouring for a lifetime.
9 & 18ct White Gold: White gold is also a popular metal to use in wedding rings, but it is a lot less durable. White gold is in fact alloyed with silver or palladium and then plated with rhodium, which means it isn’t a pure metal like platinum or palladium. White gold is a popular metal to choose as it is a lot cheaper to buy. If you want a white metal wedding ring then think about which metal will last the longest, you don’t want to be replacing your wedding ring every few years!
9 & 18ct Yellow Gold: Yellow gold is one of the most popular metals used in jewellery as it is both ductile and malleable. Yellow gold is known as a luxurious metal, holds a natural colour & is one of the cheaper options for jewellery. Yellow gold has been used for thousands and thousands of years & will always remain a popular choice of metal for wedding rings & other jewellery.
9 & 18ct Rose Gold: Similar to white gold, rose gold is yellow gold alloyed with copper to create its rose colouring. Rose gold is a fashionable metal to wear now but it many years to come it may appear less traditional. As rose gold isn’t a pure metal, it isn’t so luxurious & may not last as long as platinum, palladium & yellow gold.
How do I know which style to choose?
Choosing the style of your wedding ring is all down to personal taste & what you think would look good for years to come.
Plain Polish: Plain polish wedding rings are the most popular of styles to choose from. They’re beautifully simple & are also a timeless classic. A plain polish wedding ring is easy to maintain, only needing to be polished to keep it in good condition and hold the colour for longer. Plain polish wedding rings are fairly priced which is another quality that makes them a very popular choice of wedding ring.
Satin Finish: Satin finish wedding rings have a matte effect. They’re a very modern style of wedding ring to wear & can look very sophisticated. A satin finish is achieved by using a fine-wire brush to scratch the metal, giving it a matte look. Satin finish wedding rings also look good when they’re set with diamonds, the sparkle of the diamonds really compliment the satin finish.
Frosted Finish: Frosted finish wedding rings are very similar to satin finish wedding rings being as they are also matte. Frosted finish wedding rings are created also in a similar way to satin finish wedding rings but using a thick-wire brush. Frosted finish wedding rings are less traditional than plain polish but, depending on the wearer, they can look very elegant.
Diamond-Set: Diamond-set wedding rings are a perfect complement to any diamond engagement ring. Diamond-set wedding rings can be designed around your engagement ring so they fit & suit each other perfectly. Diamond-set wedding rings are another very modern style of wedding ring that is less likely to grow old. Diamond-set wedding rings are on the more expensive side of wedding ring styles but will never fail to sparkle and impress.
Hopefully this guide to choosing the perfect wedding ring will make the job a lot less confusing. Choose a wedding ring that will last a lifetime & suits you and your partner to perfection. After all, a wedding ring is the very symbol of your everlasting love & the start of a new life with you and your partner.
You Might Also Like
- How to Choose the Perfect Bridal Necklace for your Gown There are many different necklines on wedding dresses. There is the classic sweetheart, halter, scoop, high neck, strapless straight across, one-shoulder, v-neck and more. Whatever wedding dress neckline you choose should influence your choice of your bridal accessories, specifically, the necklace. Below are some tips to help you along the...
- Get Married At An Intimate Wedding Venue There are a handful of major events in life. Wedding ceremonies and receptions are a celebration, a time for beauty and spectacle as bride and groom begin their lives together, surrounded by friends and family. For a truly wonderful experience, an engaged couple or wedding planner should organize a ceremony...
- How to Get People Dancing at Your Wedding Are you worried that your wedding reception will be a bore and people will just stand around? There are a few things you can do to make sure that your party has a great energy and is lots of fun for everyone. Check out these tips on how to get...
- Choosing the Perfect Bridal Earrings Bridal earrings are a must for all brides. Even if a bride does not have pierced ears, there are so many options. Earrings can complete the look of your wedding ensemble. They can be the focal jewelry piece or a simple addition. The choice depends upon the bride. However, always...
- A Simple Guide to Memorable Wedding Speeches The best way to prepare for a wedding speech is to prepare your thoughts much before the event starts. If you are the best man of the groom, then you need to gather some people to help you gather more thoughts and evoke emotions so you can write better. There...